Crankcase breather

Andy J

Ive got a crankcase breather, the sort that fits in place of the oil filler cap and it doesnt seal properly.

Where the breather slots into the filler hole adapter theres an O ring and i guess that over time its worn maybe but i get a very slight mist of oil from it. Nothing major or dangerous but it does leave an unsightly film around the top of the clutch cover.

Its only a push fit with an O ring seal but it doesnt!

So, where can i get a replacement O ring? Can i just replace with any old O ring or does it have to be oil and fuel resisitant? The last thing i want is to use the wrong thing and for the O ring to break up and end up in an oil gallery somewhere.

I did think of speaking to the likes of Goodridge,Earls etc but if i can just use a normal O ring i may as well look locally for it.

if it was purchased from goodridge/earls ehy not send them a email?

u never know u might got one in the post FOC.

or say u purchased it at the NEC and it was missing... :)

It's just a normal O ring which you should be able to get from any good local bearings shops.

Just bring the knackered O ring along and they'll be able to match it for yer!

Edited to say: Damn your quick fingers bignige!!

if it was purchased from goodridge/earls ehy not send them a email?

u never know u might got one in the post FOC.

or say u purchased it at the NEC and it was missing... :tumbleweed:

It wasnt new when i bought it so im not fussed about buying a new O ring, it will only be a few pence i should think. Just need to find a local bearing supplier!

Aldi have a box of 6 million o rings, all different sizes, for about a fiver at the moment. You can get some cheap germanic chocolate while you're in there too. Win all round.

Archived