Speedo Healers

EvilSpike

Afternoon

If i want to change the gearing on my 2007 ZX6R then I'm going to need a speedo healer. If i fit one of these, will the gear position indicator that comes as standard on the clocks still work correctly?

Ta

Spike

Afternoon

If i want to change the gearing on my 2007 ZX6R then I'm going to need a speedo healer. If i fit one of these, will the gear position indicator that comes as standard on the clocks still work correctly?

Ta

Spike

I don't know about the standard gear indicator, but I guess so. Presumably they work the same as the aftermarket ones, by comparing the ratio of signal pulses from the speedo and tacho [i could be wrong!]?

I fitted a speedo healer to the R1 last summer, a few days before I went to Germany for a weekend. The speedo was now 100% accurate but the gear indicator [Acumen DG8] wouldn't show anything higher than 4th, even if the bike was in 5th or 6th.

whilst away I reset the speedo healer back to zero, ie. no change, so at least the gear indicator worked properly. That was right at the end of the year and I haven't been out on the bike since.

I think I need to set the speedo healer and then re-calibrate the gear indicator to suit.

I think I need to set the speedo healer and then re-calibrate the gear indicator to suit.

Hmm, would that be possible on an inbuilt system?

For the record I have tried emailing HealTech, the makers of the speadohealers and asking but haven't had a reply...

• 1 month later...
Afternoon

Ta

Spike

Hi Spike, your factory gear indicator won't be affected by a Speedo Healer but aftermarket ones need to be re programmed after Speedo Healer has been set up.

Archived