sp1 fireblade 954 calipers info needed

hybrid400

hi all,does anybody know the caliper spacing (between mounting bolts) for the sp1 or 954 blade? are they 63mm?im trying to find some 63mm calipers to replace the gsxr600k3 calipers on my fzr400rrsp/thundercat hybrid.im running an adjustable ratio ap master cylinder and gsxr tockico 4 pots.the calipers are in good nick and the pistons move freely,but they just dont give the feel im after ( though theyre miles better than the20 year old fzr calipers).i was under the possibly misguided impression that the sp1and 954 blade calipers were 63mm spacing,ive scoured the net but am still none the wiser any ideas peeps?

hi all,does anybody know the caliper spacing (between mounting bolts) for the sp1 or 954 blade? are they 63mm?im trying to find some 63mm calipers to replace the gsxr600k3 calipers on my fzr400rrsp/thundercat hybrid.im running an adjustable ratio ap master cylinder and gsxr tockico 4 pots.the calipers are in good nick and the pistons move freely,but they just dont give the feel im after ( though theyre miles better than the20 year old fzr calipers).i was under the possibly misguided impression that the sp1and 954 blade calipers were 63mm spacing,ive scoured the net but am still none the wiser any ideas peeps?

Your running FZR400RR SP forks ??? You must have adapter plates for the Nissins then ... ????

Why not use some 65mm Brembos from a 999 or similar, they're 65mm spacing so you'd either need to stretch the spacers out a bit, or choose your calipers then get another pair of plates made.

I can't help you on the spacing front, I've since sold the bike, but the 954 blade brakes I had on my vfr were some of the best I've ever used, go for it.

I own a set on both my NC30s.. Will bob up the garage when I get home and check for you.

I have seen the brakes ona ZXR400 too - And they used old 4 pot tokicos ..so I have a hunch you are right, or close..they might be 65mm..

Early CR600RRs have 63mm spacing Nissins, as does 918 and 929 Fireblades, but I don't know about 954s.

Hwoever, the Nissons have a different palcement of the bleed nipples compared to the Tokicos, so if the mudguard or mudgurard mounts of your FZR are anywhere near the top of your Tokicos, then the Nissins might not fit.

I ran into the same problem on my ZXR and the Nissins just would not fit, but the Tokicos would.

A

thanks for the responses guys these are the calipers on nk racing adapter plates,the adapters were made by nk racing and are actually for an f2 rd350 power valve and i knew lots of valve owners fitted 3tj calipers as a stright bolt on to replace the two pot calipers so i figured that the adaptyer plates would fit the fzr which they did

these are the hanger and calipers pre rebuild

fzrcalipers008.jpg

im sure some 63mm tockicos are a straight swap with 63mm nissins,just need to confirm spacing

mmm without removing mine from the sp1 i measured 62mm :eusa_think:

Archived