Power Commander III - How Much Power?

wildcard996

I have just bought a PCIII USB for my 2000 CBR929 'Blade. I've just phone the insurance to see if there is going to be a problem with the cover if I put the PC ont he bike, but they have asked if there is apower increase, and by how much?

Dynojet in the US don't have an answer, but gave me the reply:

The Power Commander will give you the capability to retune your air/fuel ratio for the entire range of the motor. The power and torque increases or decreases depends on many variables, such as the tune in the Power Commander, the bike, its modifications, the atmospheric conditions, etc. We do not market the tuner as a "plug in and instant power increase" module. It is simply a platform from which you can tune your fuel curve from.

The bike has a K&N Filter and a Blue Flame can on it, So as a plug in and download a map from the site, what if any power increase could I expect?

I know it may be a long shot that somebody has the same sort of set up, but any ideas what the average increase is with a can, filter and a PCIII on a similar capacity bike?

I'd be suprised if you saw much more than about 8% increase with that lot, especially with a downloaded map rather than a custom one.

Depends where you measure it .... peak power maybe 6 bhp. The advantage is in the lower range where the manufacturer will use a slightly rich mixture to make the engine quieter.

If you get the bike mapped you should find it feels "crisper" in the throttle ... just a little bit more "immediate"

Most of what you'll get is sound - more induction and exhaust noise, a bit of weight saving and a bit better looks.

Cheers y'all for the info.

Emailed a few dyno companies and they gave me some rough figures (ranging from and increase of naff all to 10%)

Just waiting for the insurance company to ring me back

Archived