FZ911?

Number 6

I've got an old PB with that conversion in it somewhere.....as far as i can remember it involved skimming down a set of FZR1000 barrels to get the desired deck height, they're supposed to be good for around 130bhp if done properly! There was one in shoooperbonk in the mid 90's, a jap import FZR750 with it done and they rated it highly, even against the Fireblade of the day! Will have a look in the magazine pile......may be some time!

I've done a couple for friends using FZR750 bottom end and FZR1000 topend. You got a real torquey (sp?) engine and with a drop in filter + exhaust system 125bhp out of the engines that I have built. While you're at it drop in a 6-speed box out of an YZF750.

You don't need to skim the head or the barrels. It all lines up nicely. You can even use the FZ(R )750 camchain so if you don't want too you don't have to split the cases.

The last one i built, a month or so ago:

091220091815.jpg

I looked into doing this myself, but it was a little beyond my bank balance at the time.

There is a web site with the info, I'll post a link up later.

Also there is a guy in the uk somewhere that races a rather stunning one. I'll find some links and post em up

Everything you need to know you should find

Here

You will need to create an acount to browse though...

Lots and lots of interesting stuff covering early FZ's and FZR's..

Easy stuff like blue spots fit right in, and YZF750 swinger goes in quite easy...

............oh and while I am at it

PIC WHORE!

FZr1.jpg

Archived