Recommend me a Workshop

Grumpyduck

Well after stripping my recently acquired engine for gearbox bits, I decided that maybe I would do the big ends and directly transplant the refurbished engine.

Upon further stripping and inspection one set of big-end shells have indeed picked up and lunched themselves making quite a mess of one of the crank journals in the process.

Can anyone recommend me a good, cheap place to send the crank for regrinding..?

Thanks..

Ooo pics look..

163420_10150169416717942_593577941_8634926_6816017_n.jpg

165108_10150169418407942_593577941_8634957_2606070_n.jpg

167802_10150169417107942_593577941_8634936_3825132_n.jpg

GD

What Nigel said. I've used SEP when I lived down the road from them, they are very good

I now use these people,http://www.ocservice.co.uk/, as they are nearer to me and probably more convinient to you too. They are also very good, plus the are right opposite Moto Rapido so you can pop in and dribble over the Ducatis when you drop your crank off.

Not cheap, but do you really want cheap where cranks and big end shells are concerned?

I meant "relatively" cheap... some places can charge the earth and be crap.*

GD

*ask me how I know..

pop and dribble over the Ducatis when you drop your crank off.

I've never heard 'drop your crank off' used as a euphamism before.

Have you checked the size of the current bearings and compared the current size with the manual to see how much material can be ground off the journal with the range of thicker bearing shells available?

Worth doing before you spend money and get the crank re-ground and then find you can't get the right bearing clearance.......

Edit - d'oh, millemille; posting on t'waifes laptop.

Have you checked the size of the current bearings and compared the current size with the manual to see how much material can be ground off the journal with the range of thicker bearing shells available?

Worth doing before you spend money and get the crank re-ground and then find you can't get the right bearing clearance.......

I haven't but they are the OEM fittings, engine has only 15000mls on it. So should be OK.. I will check though..

GD

Archived