Gsxr 11 WT vs WP cams

svingel

From a dusty corner of my mind, I seem to recall that the cams from the 1100 WT (possibly the WS) onwards gives more bottom and mid range, with the same top end as the WP. It supposedly is worthwhile (along with ignition), to drop in the cams from the later models. Read it somewhere, but forgot where... Anyone got hints/links/?

From a dusty corner of my mind, I seem to recall that the cams from the 1100 WT (possibly the WS) onwards gives more bottom and mid range, with the same top end as the WP. It supposedly is worthwhile (along with ignition), to drop in the cams from the later models. Read it somewhere, but forgot where... Anyone got hints/links/?

The WP and WR did lose the low end grunt of the earlier oil cooled engines but was sorted by different cams and ignition settings from WS onwards. Seen it written about a few times on OSS if you want to have a browse OldSkoolSuzuki

The WP and WR did lose the low end grunt of the earlier oil cooled engines but was sorted by different cams and ignition settings from WS onwards. Seen it written about a few times on OSS if you want to have a browse OldSkoolSuzuki

:)

The later engines use the Yoshi profile. They're similar to later 750W cams with a wider spacing of the lobes. I think I read the 750w cams can be used but the follwers are just off centre

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. I e-mailed Kent cams, whether they did a regrind in a profile similar to that, but they only did for top end. I'll keep surfing the 'bay, then.

Archived