Kawasaki Fork help please

El Gringo

Alrite all,

Quick question(s) - I've got what are supposedly a pair of GPZ750 forks on the front of my project.

Now i've had a flick through the Auto Data book but it doesnt list a GPZ750 (i'm guessing its a zx750) but i was wondering if anyone has a GPZ750 manual they could have a look in for me please, for the fork oil level/volume?

The anti dive system has been removed and was blanked off badly (no flow channel) so i've remade the blanking plates with the channel milled in, would this affect the level much?

And finally these forks had an air pressure equalisation system on them, basically 2 collars seals top and bottom joined together by a thin tube between them. This means the fork stanchions have a little hole in each one of them to let the air out.

Ideally i'd like to get rid of the collars altogether but can't see how i can IYSWIM. Could i block the hole in the stanchion?

At present the collars are now 2 seperate items, i ground the hole (where the tube connected) back and put a spot of weld in to seal it but i'm not convinced this will work.

Couple of options i though of were,

1. Araldite/Liquid metal in the hole on the stanchion and rub back flush

2. As above but inside the collar to seal my weld and use the collars

Any ideas?

Sorry for rambling

Ta in advance

Chris

Archived