Zorst info

Dirtmonky

I have seen a couple of Akra titanium end cans for my bike. decent enough price I suppose.

Anyway, thats not me issue. Is just end cans worth it, in terms of increased peformance?

Taking inspiration from the sorted bikes seen in the last few PB, I want to go down the route of only worthwhile mods that enhance the performance of the bike.

So, having missed the issues when the 07 was a new bike and the morthwhile proven mods detailed can anyone help?

My first upgrade is going to be new 20mm fork internals.

Then its new brain and breathing to smoove out the power. Any help?

Ive always been under the impression that the most restrictive part of a egg sauce system is the cat, so getting rid of that would be my first change if cool looking cans isnt enough of a reason, and i think you can just replace the y-pipe on a R1. (got to love standard systems that have the cat in its own section).

I deffo think your on the right lines with havin the suspenders reworked first before looking for more ooomph.

Check this out man...

http://www.superstreetbike.com/how_to_inst...aust/index.html

its the cans i got, but the stainless models. Has a bit of info on from the dyno runs.

I havent taken mine out since i fitted them a few weeks back due to pish weather, so i can't report on any changes in "feeling". Thing is too, I've got new sprockets to fit whuch will shorten gearing, so by the time i get the R1 out i wont get a proper picture of exactly what difference, if any, the cans make.

I have however just sorted a new set of plain fairings, to which i'm going to apply the necessary decals to create the Valencia M1 speedblock look. Very much looking forward to that.

Good luck in your quest, if you find anywhere that does good/but cheap/secondhand de-cat mid pipes... let me know. Im after one.

Ta.

Mmmmm no cat always improves airflow so this is much as I thought.

Light wheels are on the wish list.

Change the Y pipe sounds good.

Mind you Goat, that 'how to' does speak volume in terms of simple bolt on performance.

Mind you Goat, that 'how to' does speak volume in terms of simple bolt on performance.

absolutely. I might hold off changing the gearing until I've been out with the new zorst setup. See if I can feel any mid range power increase. What was it they said? 7 ponies or something? That's not bad.

get rid of the cat , forget power / noise etc , the main benefit is you can actually ride the bike in the summer without cooking your testicles , the cats in the Y piece run around 400 c or more so can get very uncomfortable , I think Scorpion do a link pipe about half of the cost of an akka one .Getting the bike sprung correctly is worth more than any power mod ( IMHO ) also the gearing mod is very worth while , 6% more grunt for £20 , get it done , some of the Quicker guys like the 55 rear instead of the 50 as it speeds the steering up a bit

get rid of the cat , forget power / noise etc , the main benefit is you can actually ride the bike in the summer without cooking your testicles , the cats in the Y piece run around 400 c or more so can get very uncomfortable , I think Scorpion do a link pipe about half of the cost of an akka one .Getting the bike sprung correctly is worth more than any power mod ( IMHO ) also the gearing mod is very worth while , 6% more grunt for £20 , get it done , some of the Quicker guys like the 55 rear instead of the 50 as it speeds the steering up a bit

I have a 55 supercorsa rear on mine, and it does make a noticeable difference to agility. I went to change the gearing today but failed in getting the gear linkage off. It was getting dark so i decided to leave it till another day.

I had my suspension set up by Scott Redding's team suspension geezar the weekend the Japanese GP was cancelled last year cuz of that volcano bollocks. He has a workshop in Glasgow behind the Ducati store. £55 later and the bike handles completely differently, for the better i mean.

Highly recommended. Now i just need to get these sprockets on and a Y-pipe bought/fitted. I'll check out scorpion.

Archived