Fork Internals

big nick

I am buying some front forks for my R1 which have Maxton internals set up for the same weight as me however i need to swap over the internals into my forks as the seals have gone in the maxton fitted set.

How easy a job is this to do?

er, just replace the seals in the other set. if you are having the forks apart anyway you would fit new seals as a matter of course, wouldnt you?

Long term biking mate of mines just setting up in business for himself. He's been working in the bike trade as a mechanic for 20-years + and he's good, conscientious and thorough. He's just fitted some Ohlins springs, new oil, seals and overhauled the front forks on my TRX. Give him a bell and see what he'd charge you? He's local to you too in Solihull. Tell him Corners sent you and he''ll look after you.

His name's Adam ERZEN. Mobile 07811 658206.

Corners (not on commission!!)

er, just replace the seals in the other set. if you are having the forks apart anyway you would fit new seals as a matter of course, wouldnt you?

Well after a bit more digging i believe the chrome tubes may be fubar thats why there is a poor seal so i would be using my forks.

Long term biking mate of mines just setting up in business for himself. He's been working in the bike trade as a mechanic for 20-years + and he's good, conscientious and thorough. He's just fitted some Ohlins springs, new oil, seals and overhauled the front forks on my TRX. Give him a bell and see what he'd charge you? He's local to you too in Solihull. Tell him Corners sent you and he''ll look after you.

His name's Adam ERZEN. Mobile 07811 658206.

Corners (not on commission!!)

Thanks for that, will give him a bell to see what is what. I still would like to do it myself so i can learn for next time.

Archived