Wilbers Shocks

Hendo

Supposed to be pretty good, in an understated non-blingy kind of way. They are German, and the sausage-munchers don't usually do things like that badly....

I have used them on my '99 race R6 (...in '99), without a doubt better out of the box than the Ohlins I got for second R6 two years later.

Where the Ohlins needed 4 re-valves by KAIS and KTech (I think they just guessed) to get it right, the Wilbers was pretty good straight away. Took ages to sort out the ripping tyres on the Ohlins, but the Wilbers never ever ripped a tyre to bits and only a few clicks here and there needed.

The Ohlins was good in the end after a completely different compression stack, but it took a bit to sort out.

Wilbers became Technoflex, I think.

Good shocks, good prices too.

Wilber is the same as hyperpro which is quite good, I have run a hyperpro on my bike for 5 years, no problems. Just make sure you get a linear spring since hyperpros often come with progressive ones, that really doesn't work for me.

Ronni

Wilber is the same as hyperpro ...

Are you sure about this? Wilbers is German and came out of WP Suspension. Hyperpro are Dutch and to my knowledge a seperate business.

Hyperpro push their progressive products both rear shocker and steering damper. Hyperpro have very good marketing but for my money I would buy a Wilbers. Progressiveness in suspension and steeering dampers is not really what you want anymore, especially in a performance/race bike.

Wilbers became Technoflex, I think.

Good shocks, good prices too.

Not quite, the two partners in the business split and went their seperate ways, I've used both, Technoflex & Wilbers and would most certainly use either one again.

Big thumbs up from me, I'd use them over an Ohlins

Are you sure about this? Wilbers is German and came out of WP Suspension. Hyperpro are Dutch and to my knowledge a seperate business.

Hyperpro push their progressive products both rear shocker and steering damper. Hyperpro have very good marketing but for my money I would buy a Wilbers. Progressiveness in suspension and steeering dampers is not really what you want anymore, especially in a performance/race bike.

The remote res one in the link is identical to my hyperpro bar the springs colour. And yes, progressive springs are NOT good, I used my for one season and couldn't get it to work, changed spring and revalved and now it's all good.

Cheers for the info guys.

Ordered it today, adjustable preload and rebound. Also got a linear spring that will suit my weight.

Approx 3 week wait. Will update my 3XV thread when I get it.

Andy

;)

Bit late now you've already ordered yours, but a big vote for Wilbers from me. Got one on my Aprilia RS257 project, haven't had much of a play from 'stock' settings but feels very good. Its the high/low speed fully adjustable race version BTW. :eusa_whistle:

Cheers for the info guys.

Ordered it today, adjustable preload and rebound. Also got a linear spring that will suit my weight.

Approx 3 week wait. Will update my 3XV thread when I get it.

Andy

:eusa_whistle:

I've just had a browse through the link above, and they list the SZR660!

How much did the shock set you back in the end?

I've just had a browse through the link above, and they list the SZR660!

How much did the shock set you back in the end?

Around £430 by the time you get the new VAT rate and delivery. Bit more than I wanted to pay really, but they were my last resort. Turns out after a bit of digging even Hagon dont have one for it. Ohlins stock one for it, if your willing to pay £800 :eusa_think:

There is a cheaper one, with preload adjustment only. Or a dearer one with everything. I went for the middle one.

Andy

Archived