Anyone Know where i can get a 9v battery plug thingy for a power commander 3

MJWHITT

Hi all

Ive fitted a pc3 to my GSXR600 K1, I bought it second hand and i have the lead but no bit that the 9v battery fits to. Ive tried to install the map i want, but its not happening.

I then decided to read the instructions and realise i need to plug a 9v battery into it. Not sure if its part of the lead or does it plug in between the pc3 and the lead i have?

Ive looked on the dynojet website but its not much help. Is this something i can buy from an electrical shop or is it unique to a power commander?

Any other tips would be greatly appriciated

cheers folks

Mark.....

No need for the 9v adaptor. Just load the map whilst the bike is running. It may not work if you only have the ignition on, my K5 has to have the engine RUNNING for thw map to load.

No need for the 9v adaptor. Just load the map whilst the bike is running. It may not work if you only have the ignition on, my K5 has to have the engine RUNNING for thw map to load.

I tried that as the green light needs to on on the pc, when the bike is not running it goes straight off, I was getting windows driver stuff saying installation was unsuccesful etc. I put it down to needing the battery. Maybe its an error on my side of things.

Make sure the PCIII USB Control Center software is saying connected and displaying a serial number for your PC3. (with the bike running)

One of the 9v battery adapter can be had from DynojetUK. Just give them a ring. It's always handy for setting the W/O throttle position on Suzuki's, as holding the thing flat out while running to find out the upper value isn't recommended :eusa_dance: You can do it in the split second after hitting the kill switch with the ignition on, before the feed is cut to the PC3, but it's a fiddly twat to say the least

Make sure the PCIII USB Control Center software is saying connected and displaying a serial number for your PC3. (with the bike running)

One of the 9v battery adapter can be had from DynojetUK. Just give them a ring. It's always handy for setting the W/O throttle position on Suzuki's, as holding the thing flat out while running to find out the upper value isn't recommended :eusa_dance: You can do it in the split second after hitting the kill switch with the ignition on, before the feed is cut to the PC3, but it's a fiddly twat to say the least

Thanks for your help

Ive tried again and think the problem is with the lead. With it plugged in the pc3 the other end of the lead is a female, my laptop only has a female socket so i have a 9 pin to usb converter and the laptop is not recognising the driver from the disc supplied for the converter and it cant find any driver even though ive installed it. i think the best route is probably the 9v plug. I think im right in thinking that this will plug in to my laptop and the lead into that? God this is hard work!!!

thanks again guys

Thanks for your help

Ive tried again and think the problem is with the lead. With it plugged in the pc3 the other end of the lead is a female, my laptop only has a female socket so i have a 9 pin to usb converter and the laptop is not recognising the driver from the disc supplied for the converter and it cant find any driver even though ive installed it. i think the best route is probably the 9v plug. I think im right in thinking that this will plug in to my laptop and the lead into that? God this is hard work!!!

thanks again guys

Nope, the 9v adapter just runs into the bus socket on the PC3, not the usb socket. It literally just powers the PC3 instead of the bike. 9 pin to USB is flaky to say the least.

Get one of these - USB A to mini B

• 2 weeks later...
I think I have one of these 9v leads somewhere. PM me if you want it.

Cheers but im not sure if thats whats wrong now???

The problem i have is that the lead is 9 pin both ends, it fits into the PCIII but my laptop only has USB or a 15 pin socket, this is not a PCIII USB. Ive bought a 9pin to USB but the driver software wont download as it says i dont need it with windows vista. When i try to send the map it says it cant find the PCIII or the software to drive the 9 pin to USB.

My next step is to buy another 9pin USB to check if mines broke. The PCIII is working ok i think as the green light is on when the bike runs etc.. :icon_salut:

Archived