Painting levers

madmike

This may sound a bit chavy, but I don't think it will look so.

I'll be picking my 600f up in just over a week now (hopefully) and the shopping list is growing! My NC29 had those fake pazzo levers on and I did like them but I've been thinking about buying a spare set of the 'original levers' and painting them matte or satin black? I think it will look nice?

Now, before I seriously consider this.... is it stupid?

yes it is stoopid! but only if your just going to paint them, there is some lacquer that is made for doing alloy wheels with, its supposed to be scratch and chip resistant, would defo be worth getting some of that over the top to protect the colour, also comes in mat and satin finish.

yes it is stoopid! but only if your just going to paint them, there is some lacquer that is made for doing alloy wheels with, its supposed to be scratch and chip resistant, would defo be worth getting some of that over the top to protect the colour, also comes in mat and satin finish.

Yeah I figured they would need protecting after, but I'm just not a fan of the original silver sorry lol

I'm after this sort of look

leve_freno.jpg

But without the massive price tag!

This may sound a bit chavy, but I don't think it will look so.

I'll be picking my 600f up in just over a week now (hopefully) and the shopping list is growing! My NC29 had those fake pazzo levers on and I did like them but I've been thinking about buying a spare set of the 'original levers' and painting them matte or satin black? I think it will look nice?

Now, before I seriously consider this.... is it stupid?

will look fabulous, just like deep fried dog shit

I'd guess your local powder coating place could sort out a pair of levers for about £15-20, add that to the cost of buying some cheapo fake ones, is it worth it? I paid about £35 for a pair of the fake pazzo things inc delivery. Bargain.

Im thinking about gettng my sock rearsets powder coated black and getting a couple of riser plates for them. Much cheaper than buying new ones. Got a couple of sprockets PC'd not long ago. They were dead helpful an charged me the minimum charge of £20. I'm sure it varys from place to place though.

Archived