Tyre time

madmike

new tyre choice  

6 members have voted

1. 1.

• Continental ContiMotion (£82.29)
    • Michelin Pilot Road (£88.24)
    • Michelin Pilot Power (£96.08)
    • Micheline Pilot Sport (Unsure on price but is current rear tyre!)
    • Pirelli Diablo Strada (£78.71)
    • Other

right, got a near bald rear tyre so its time to replace now that she has been pretty much tucked away for the xmas period, Doing some flicking through and got a few in mind but I thought I'd throw it to the PB Massive!

All prices are from blackcircles.co.uk for my 160/60/17 rear!

Just like to hear about peoples experiences with those tyres and if they have any other suggestions, please add!

budget is roughly £100, give or take a little bit.

Bike gets used daily, 1 or 2 trackdays a year (in novice group!) plenty of days out and even the odd weekend away!

Cheers

Diablo strada. I'm assuming that's the current version of the old plain 'diablo', or is that some other variant? Anyways, the one that's slightly more road orientated than the corsa. Good in the wet, good in the dry, good enough for the monster cup bikes to put in some very handy times round the track. And it's cheapest too, which is nice. Editted to add: I've only ever tried contis twice, and both times I didn't like them. Avoid.

Diablo strada. I'm assuming that's the current version of the old plain 'diablo', or is that some other variant? Anyways, the one that's slightly more road orientated than the corsa. Good in the wet, good in the dry, good enough for the monster cup bikes to put in some very handy times round the track. And it's cheapest too, which is nice. Editted to add: I've only ever tried contis twice, and both times I didn't like them. Avoid.

The Diablo Strada is the sports touring version - on my ZX9 it only lasted about 500 miles more than a plain diablo and had less dry and wet grip.

Weird because the Metz Z6 on Jools' ZX6 is excellent and they're supposed to be the same tyre.

Well then, you can get a plain diablo on ebay for £86 posted, but I'm suprised by that, I thought they'd be superceded by something else, the diablo rosso maybe?

Archived