Please somebody help me

jaycee

Can someone please tell me what the fuck I am doing wrong? Apart from stripping the fucking carbs off in the first place!!!

Carbs have been carefully cleaned and put back together. Unfortunately, the photos I took during the strip don't show how the throttles are supposed to link when you put them back together again. The workshop manual basically just says, put them back together.

The following images show my problem

100_0527.jpg

100_0526.jpg

The 2 flanges are supposed to interlink somehow, but I can't get this to happen without causing the spring to either get caught up, crushed or merely just ping underneath the workbench.

Obviously I have to do the same with the other pair of carbs.

What the hell am I missing?

Can someone please tell me what the fuck I am doing wrong? Apart from stripping the fucking carbs off in the first place!!!

Carbs have been carefully cleaned and put back together. Unfortunately, the photos I took during the strip don't show how the throttles are supposed to link when you put them back together again. The workshop manual basically just says, put them back together.

The following images show my problem

100_0527.jpg

100_0526.jpg

The 2 flanges are supposed to interlink somehow, but I can't get this to happen without causing the spring to either get caught up, crushed or merely just ping underneath the workbench.

Obviously I have to do the same with the other pair of carbs.

What the hell am I missing?

I think, and I could be wrong, that the flanges don't actually touch. The top pic shows two springs- will the flange on the lower pic sit between the right hand spring and left hand flange (upper pic)? Sorry, it's not very easy to explain what I mean, but I think the right hand spring in the upper pic separates the two flanges- the screw in the upper pic is used to synchronise the butterflies together by preloading the spring on the right in the upper pic. Is there a witness mark on the flange in the lower pic where the screw might have been turned against?

I think that the springless tab is supposed to get between the screw and the spring on the other tab, its just achieving this while pressing the 2 carbs together and holding the spring in place with only 2 hands and not enough space for 2 people.

I think that the springless tab is supposed to get between the screw and the spring on the other tab, its just achieving this while pressing the 2 carbs together and holding the spring in place with only 2 hands and not enough space for 2 people.

That's what I meant, in about a quarter of the space I took up!

Can you remove the screw (or at least back it right off) so you've got more room to move?

This would be a normal tongue and yoke arrangement. I think you'll find the tongue goes betweent the end of the screw and the spring so you can synchronise each carb.

a set of YZF750 carbs, this afternoon...

carbs008.jpg

That looks like it. I think I'll measure up the screw with my Vernier then turn it right back. I don't want to mess up any setting if I can help it.

Cheers guys :eusa_think:

Archived