Anybody seen those...........

wombat

I remember seeing them in the m&p catalogue years ago and thinking that they were just a fashion accessory. Your using excactly the same mounting points but just bolting on 'trendy' radial calipers, so there would be no benefit in strength of the mounting. Do the job properly & upgrade to a proper radial front end. :icon_puke_r:

This is what I thought, if you're thinking of the same ones I am Wombat, but didn't want to get into it.

The calipers are still axial mounted through the original mounts, and you're adding extra (unsprung) weight. What's wrong with a well maintained pair of blue or gold spots?

Just out of interest... There was a company out there somewhere selling some adaptors for the showa forks used on ducati 916/748 etc to convert them to a radial caliper mount from a newer duc. They replaced the whole axle clamp assembly though IYSWIM, you screwed the old ones off the stanchions and screwed the new ones on.

Link

Price isn't too bad either considering the cost of the calipers.

This is what I thought, if you're thinking of the same ones I am Wombat, but didn't want to get into it.

The calipers are still axial mounted through the original mounts, and you're adding extra (unsprung) weight. What's wrong with a well maintained pair of blue or gold spots?

Yeah Kayla, the ones Quan-time is thinking of producing plus the piccie from Gaass! Special Parts on the TRX forum.

Bob

Archived