Machining resource required for my tripple clamps.

Bernster

I need the existing lock stop's machining away, (including the barely existing one) - and a couple of aluminium replacements making with a sunken head for around a 6mm or 8mm allen bolt to bolt them onto the yoke with. Possibly be handy to have a spare couple of additional replacement lock stop's made in case this happens again while the replacements are being made.

I can drill and tap the yoke to get them fitted. Drop me a PM if you accept the challenge. :lol:

See images below:

5201100727_64551c36d2_z.jpg

5201100735_a4fcd8b8b2_z.jpg

5201100737_949188d773_z.jpg

5201704142_7314c054f6_z.jpg

Probably not a solution but a lot of racers are now using nylon sleeves around the forks that bump into the frame if you reach the steering lock. Might be worth a look and might be cheaper?

I can do it. Dunno if it'd be worth your while once you've paid for post here and back though- maybe get a local firm to do the milling? I can certainly make you a few sets of ally stops counterbored for an M6 or M8 allen bolt cheap enough.

I can do it. Dunno if it'd be worth your while once you've paid for post here and back though- maybe get a local firm to do the milling? I can certainly make you a few sets of ally stops counterbored for an M6 or M8 allen bolt cheap enough.

Thanks for responding, I don't mind paying for the cost of getting it to you if you can get it securely packaged and shipped back? (obviously I’ll cover the cost of that postage too).

Does your milling setup have the ability to get into the tricky bit without hitting the fork leg clamps as they are proud and the stem in the centre protrudes proud too, (might need pressing out).

There's a local engineer but he's never there so I'm afraid to take it to him in case I never see it again as it's not a cheap cast bottom yoke.

PM if you have an idea of price.

*edit iPhone .. meh!

Archived