A good contact for machining / spacer manufacture etc?

Bernster

I'm trying to save a vast amount of money during the wheel building part of my Yamaha WR450 Supermoto conversion by utilising Suzuki DRZ wheels as for some reason they seem to be a lot cheaper to buy, (presumably as so many are in SM trim from the factory).

So I'm looking at the total hassle / cost of getting spacers, possible hub machining and that kind of thing to get them to fit versus laying out the full cost of getting a WR450 specific wheel set.

I know the DRZ run's the same 20mm front / rear axle so it's a case of lining up the sprocket, discs etc and getting adapters made to run a larger disk up front.

Does anyone know a good contact that I could use to get parts machined etc preferable in The Midlands area.

Relates to: >>PB Post<<

Try Paul at:

Charter Precision Engineering

Unit 25-26, Enfield Industrial Estate,

REDDITCH,

B97 6BY

He's done a few decent jobs for me over the past couple of years for beer money.

If the wheel spindles are the same sizes then all you need to do is get the wheels central and measure up for spacers either side. Once the wheel is central and you've got a disc sorted out, it's then a case of getting the caliper to fit. Depending on the caliper you might need to space the disc out a little. I'd bet that the sprocket offsets aren't a million miles away though.

:icon_salut:

Archived