Looking for the name of a type of bolt? Pictures.

simeonipicker

Hi,

I've been trying to track down the name of a fairing bolt that I want to use on my bike... I just can't find the name of it!

It's pictured here on a race MV Augusta:

Picture

If you Zoom on the picture they are used all over the fairing on the bike, they sort of have flaps to lift up to turn the bolt...

Anyone know what these are called? I have no idea.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I've been trying to track down the name of a bolt that I want to use on my bike... I just can't find the name of it!

It's pictured here on a race MV Augusta:

Picture

If you Zoom on the picture they are used all over the bike, they sort of have flaps to lift up to turn the bolt...

Anyone know what these are called? I have no idea.

Thanks in advance.

Quarter-turn or Dzus fastener

Had some of these on my CBR400 when I was 19. They were of the cheapo variety and the rings were loose. Everytime I stopped or accelerated they all shot forward or back at the same time. It sounded like Jimmy Saville falling down the stairs.

Had some of these on my CBR400 when I was 19. They were of the cheapo variety and the rings were loose. Everytime I stopped or accelerated they all shot forward or back at the same time. It sounded like Jimmy Saville falling down the stairs.

Funny you should say that as at my last trackday i was looking at the race bikes and a lot of the the dtzus fasteners on them have a small piece of insulating tape through the ring and onto the fairing to stop it moving...never seen it done before.

Archived