Honda servicing.

Harry Muff

It's time for the Blade's 12,000 mile service. Normally I just take it to MotoDen in Hackney, London, and I have been happy with the work of the workshop boys down there.

However, I wonder if I can get it done cheaper and get just as a good a job done.

I'm going to to enquire at Doble's, as I've only heard good things about them and they aren't too far from me.

Can anyone else recommend (or warn against) a particular Honda dealer in the South East? A courtesy bike is essential as I needs me wheels.

This will be the penultimate main dealer service, as I won't be keeping up the service history beyond 16,000 miles and I want them both done to the highest standard.

B)

Cheers for that mate. Unfortunately, it has to be a Honda dealer so I can get the all-important stamp. Bastards...

Years back I used to know a bloke who worked in a shop and he used to stamp my book for me and give me some oil for greasing his palm. I then did all the work myself and saved a bomb while keeping the history going.

My girlfriend used to sign the book. :)

Check in the service schedule and see exactly what honda say needs doing , 12k on the older Blades used to be air filter and brake fluid change only , no oil change or 'owt , if it's one of the later blades / CB1000rr's whatever you do only use a genuine oil filter , Basically find out what the Dealer's will do and then work out if you think it's worth it

Archived