Changing fork oil

Annaz

I thought while I've got the bike in so many pieces I'd change the fork oil.

Is it recommended to flush the forks out with something to get all the crud out before putting the fresh breast milk, or oil, in?

If so what should I use? I was thinking parrafin but I'm not sure if this would be best avoided.

Also is there a particularly good oil I should use?

Cheers

Annaz

I'd strip the forks and clean them properly rather than trying to flush them, its not a big job and worth doing if you haven't done it before.

Rock Oil and Silkolene RSF both get a big thumbs up, they are as good as Ohlins for a quarter of the price.

Nose peg helps if it hasnt been done for yonks...

^this. Mine came out looking like gravy and smelling like chicken gravy :shock:

40278_135748689801657_114533548589838_177424_2127251_n.jpg

^this. Mine came out looking like gravy and smelling like chicken gravy :icon_salut:

40278_135748689801657_114533548589838_177424_2127251_n.jpg

Pooooo! Looks like cow shit :icon_puke_r:

I'll give it a go then, I've done RWUs' plenty of times but never had USDs' in bits before, I'll consult the Haynes and stick my swimming nose clips on me thinks!

I'd strip the forks and clean them properly rather than trying to flush them, its not a big job and worth doing if you haven't done it before.

Rock Oil and Silkolene RSF both get a big thumbs up, they are as good as Ohlins for a quarter of the price.

It seems i need a spring compressor for this. More expense unless I can cadge one!

Or make one :eusa_dance:

Archived