exhaust hanger

tonk

Does anyone here make them? Want to remove pillion pegs but the offside carries the end-can. £100 to buy aftermarket, I'm no good with metal but would be willing to have a go if I knew what I was doing, which I don't.

Sorry if this is brief, I just wrote a really long post, with lots of detail and pics but I lost the lot, grrrr!

go on das bay and buy a pillion peg hanger. Grind down the excess that holds the peg on and your good to go.

Cheers Evil, I did think of that but it is a hooge piece of square-section cast aluminium and doesn't allow for me wanting the exhaust to sit at a slightly higher angle, showing more of the back wheel (single-side swingarm). It's the reason I want to ditch the pegs - Mrs Tonk has admitted she won't be going on the bike anymore and they're so bulky they obscure the CF hugger too.

T.

Have a word with Kayla, she does the occasional thingy, and also whatsitnames too. Also, look here and realise that if he can,. so can you....

Have a word with Kayla, she does the occasional thingy, and also whatsitnames too. Also, look here and realise that if he can,. so can you....

Great topic lorenzo! Can't see piccies yet but worth having a go, now to find a source for the metal. Asda?! Or take a pair of tin-snips to the neighbour's new A6 bonnet, think they're ally body, sure they won't miss a teeny-weeny bit...

I have some 4mm aluminium plate 100mm wide by roughly 250mm long. Would be ideal for a hanger if you polish it up once cut/drilled/bent to size and shape.

PM me your address and I'll get it to you asap.

Cas

I have some 4mm aluminium plate 100mm wide by roughly 250mm long. Would be ideal for a hanger if you polish it up once cut/drilled/bent to size and shape.

PM me your address and I'll get it to you asap.

Cas

You're kidding?! :blink: Will send PM. I'm humbled yet again by the generosity of this forum. Will have to engrave 'Castrol Fidelity' on it somewhere, will look like proper endurance pron :eusa_dance:

Here's a pic of the carbon fibre version from Pack-Parts, not sure how ally would maintain lateral rigidity?

Auspuffhalter.jpg

And this is what it will replace (the standard pillion peg hanger fixes under the subframe rail with 2 bolts and then just under the lip of the seat with another into the top rail). Massive innit?!

stealth_laser450.jpg

4mm aluminium plate will not only maintain as much rigidity as you could hope for on a hanger, you could also use any excess to help bulletproof your bike. It's plenty thick enough.

What bike is it for? If you get stuck, send me a pm with a few measurements and I'll knock a couple out for free (in exchange for the pattern ;) ) :eusa_dance:

It's dead easy to make one out of ally sheet - all you need is a drill, a couple of files, a hacksaw and a vice.

I'm shit at making stuff, but managed to do a decent enough job on an exhaust hanger for my 750 Slingshot.

Alas, I have no pics (lost them all when I left the ex), but it was a thing of beauty, and only took me a couple of hours to make.

Castrol Fidelity sent me the piece of ally which arrived yesterday. I'll try to get a template made this weekend with my Dad's help and it will then be posted to Speedy Sie who has very generously offered to make the bracket for me, based on the Harris Performance items, including a boss tig-welded on the bottom to take the strap bolt.

Outstanding gents, the pair of them. :eusa_whistle:

I'll post a copy template to you if you want Kayla, along with details of the BMW superbikes forum where they love stuff like that.

I'll post a copy template to you if you want Kayla, along with details of the BMW superbikes forum where they love stuff like that.

That'd be awesome thanks! :eusa_whistle: PM me your address so I can send you some free stuff in exchange :wtfmore:

Archived