Thumb brake, dual clutch/brake setup..

JC900RR

I'm thinking about getting either a GP tech type thumb brake, or a Full Throttle Inc. type set up with two levers next to each other for clutch and rear brake. It's really for both trackday use and for fun when I'm practicing my really rubbish wheelies.. :eusa_whistle:

I was thinking the thumb brake was the way to go, but I've been told that for wheelies everyone uses the dual lever set up. I've heard things about bodges with mountain bike levers, etc. but I want something decent that's not to expensive that'll work with my Pazzo shorties and not be too messy on trackdays..

Does anyone have any experience with either type and have recommendations for the good/bad/ugly and maybe set up advice etc.?

I've got an old blade with a cable clutch and would like to keep the foot brake, but not really that fussed if I lose it..

Go for the dual levers set up for some stunting.... :icon_blackeye:

Go for the dual levers set up for some stunting.... :shock:

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, as long as I can get it well clear of the clutch so I'm not fumbling on trackdays looks like the way forward.. :icon_blackeye:

Do it do it :rolleyes:

Yeah, sod it. What's the worst that could happen?? :mad:

Mate, just spoke to Pez at stuntbikestore.com and I'm trying to get him to make up a cage for the blade. He makes a variant on the sick cage that has better clearance and costs around £200..

I know you were thinking about getting a cage for your blade as well, he might be using mine as a jig for the model, so he'll give me a discount, if you want to get your cage at the same time I should be able to get you a decent deal!

He's sorting out my hand brake setup as well.. :rock:

Archived