swingarm refinishing

samk4750

hey guys , my gsxr k4 750 has the coating on the swingarm flaking in places , what is the best product to do some localized spot repairs to it , i dont want want to remove the swingarm and i dont want to just throw some hammerite on it either looking ideallly for a clos a match as poss

cheers in advance sam

Satin Black Enamel is an exact match, in those aerosols you can find in the DIY shops. I've used BBQ satin black and that works too.

Halfrauds Satin Black is also a bang on match for GSXR satin black ..... don't ask me how I know ... :dribble:

most cars are now painted with acrylic based paint too, its not too bad so long as you can find either a mat finish lacquer or a satin one, i seen to remember that halfrauds do a matt finish, ive painted a car not so long ago with acrylic and its quite good but very time consuming, you have to make sure that each coat is dry before you do the next or it just falls off the panels, i found myself going round the car with 2 heat guns to speed things up, not sure if it was any quicker but it kept me occupied whilst the paint was drying and removed the temptation to bang on another coat too early.

Archived