Shift light

tonk

Anyone ever fitted a shift light? I fancy one on my bike, I'm bouncing it off the limiter too often - can't hear well enough above a certain speed and the numbers are a bit diddy. It all goes a bit too wobbly to use peripheral vision. Rode a bike with one the other day and was very impressed.

Any suggestions for make/model?

I've got an Acumen PD8 one fitted to the R1.

http://www.acumen-electronics.co.uk/catego...ft_light,b.html

It was a piece of piss to fit as I got the 'plug & play' version which connects onto the same bespoke loom as the DG8 gear indicator.

It's easy to [re]program and can be set up to light up in various different ways, starting and ending at whatever revs you want.

Yep, came as standard on my old 750. I didn't really rely on it much to be honest, it was normally fairly obvious when i should change gear. Quite useful on track though, when i had earplugs in and couldn't hear the exhaust, so that i knew if i had any more revs left, or if i needed to change gear.

I've got an Acumen PD8 one fitted to the R1.

http://www.acumen-electronics.co.uk/catego...ft_light,b.html

It was a piece of piss to fit as I got the 'plug & play' version which connects onto the same bespoke loom as the DG8 gear indicator.

It's easy to [re]program and can be set up to light up in various different ways, starting and ending at whatever revs you want.

Got one as standard on the '02s onwards

Thanks guys, can't see any pictures at work but I'll have a look next week. How would it wire in if I couldn't 'plug and play'? The bike has a CAN BUS system.

Can't find anything on the translogic website, just the shift-light cluster as a spare part with no info at all. Looks a bit nicer than the acumen though...

• 1 month later...

Archived