GSXR600K1 Brake Upgrade

Callahan

Alright guys and gals, I call upon the "ossum" knowledge fo you all to tell me a nice, preferably cheap, way to upgrade my Brakes.

I've got HEL braided lines on already and sintered pads but I think my MC might be getting a bit tired. Had a shot of an 09 R6 with the Brembo MC on it and was really impressed. I'm thinking along these lines but I'm cluless as to ratios etc and what I actually need.

So, if anyone's made a demon upgrade to these Brakes or knows of compatible better/newer parts then I'm all ears!

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Jonny

K1 ... that's un radials huh. If they're the six pots then junk them for 4 pots.

Make sure the calipers are split and cleaned with new seals and the same for your original master cylinder.

Clean the disks with some wet'n'dry and brake cleaner and also do the pads with some emery cloth on a flat surface.

New fluid.

When you bed them in after start by some light braking to warm the discs through then let them cool then a little harder, cool and then up to normal pressure. You don't have to stop to let the disks cool just allow enough time between braking on a ride.

What pads you running?

I changed to sintered SBS pads earlier in year on my K1 600, from Goldfren's sintered.

Feel like they've got much more bite, even from lower temps. Have gone back to the old pads since as a comparison, that was a bit scary.

Late model R6 goes with those calipers a treat. DP sport pads and decent fluid and the world's your lobster.

Archived