ABS Plastic repair

madmike

I tried searching to see if anyone else had mentioned this before but "ABS" is shorter than 4 letters so it wouldn't let me search :lol:

I'm after a a couple of broken brackets fixing and possibly being made stronger (re-inforced somehow) on my NC29 fairing, one of the bellypan brackets has snapped and so have 2 of the sub frame plastic brackets, They broke so easily so I'm after someone that could fix them and possible make them stronger? :confused:

Cheers :wub:

Is this ABS as in Chinese panels or are they genuine honda ???

Get some Plastex if they're honda it mends them a treat, I did a mate's NC29 panels and even made some of the missing brackets. If your not confident I'll do them but I'm in London.

If anyone knows anywhere I could send them, or anyone on here that can repair them? I'm willing to send them to them and obviously pay for the services!

Cheers.

If you look on the rear of the panel, it will have (somewhere) a load of numbers and/or letters. It may have the material designation, ie ABS (if its abs) PP (polypropylene) etc etc.

If you want to have a go yourself and you have the broken bits, go to your local DIY store and buy some of the glue that sticks kitchen waste pipes together. 1 of them (read the labels) is ABS glue.

It will "melt" the abs and stick the 2 together. It works, we use the same stuff albeit in larger tins, to make models (Dev shop/ toolroom - not airfix)

Paul

Archived