oxford heated grips

Tom Mac

My commuter hack has a set of oxford heated grips on it (fitted by a previous owner) which I've used for the first time this morning.....

all was good for a few miles, toasty warm palms ;) but then the throttle tube seemed to the rotating back under the grip which resulted in me gripping the tube tighter than a S&M bloke grips his c*ck during a frantic flap, just to keep the damn thing going.

I'm assuming the "glue" holding the heated grip on is past its best but do I need to use a specific "oxford" glue or will something else do?

my viffer had heated grips on when i got it , and the throttle use to stick ,i just cut a little bit of the grip away where it was rubbing on the bar end

job done

edit ,as am still asleep ,i just read your post again and my answer has fook all to do with your problem

but if anyone has probs with heated grips and sticking throttle see above for advice lol

I always use araldite-fair enough when it comes time to replace them i have to grind the old stuff away but i found renthal grip glue just softens up when they get hot.Reckon oxford are one of the better brands of heated grips too.

Archived