bike cleaning

ovi

Use a washmitt (and two buckets if you really want to do a good job). They're far easier to work around the contours of a bike than any sponge, try to avoid chainlube/ oil.

Use a washmitt (and two buckets if you really want to do a good job). They're far easier to work around the contours of a bike than any sponge, try to avoid chainlube/ oil.

would this be the one

Q2429.jpg

would this be the one

Q2429.jpg

Yep

Don't use a sponge as they trap the grit and any other muck and then scratch patterns into your paintwork.

S doc 100. Just covered the ducati in it. Spray on as a foam, leave then wash off. It's great!

This ^ definately works a treat I've been using this for a couple of years now and it's ace. After I've washed it off I fire up the garden blower and blast all the excess water off, stops the water marking and it's quicker than the leather, plus you get to rev a two stroke and warm the planet up :eusa_whistle:

No need to coat the bike in WD40 afterwards either coz the sDoc has a protective coating built in that 'catches'; the dirt and makes it easier to shift next time. The more you use it the better it seems to work.

If ypou really want a real sponge (for some other reason ;):) ) you'll get one at the body Shop :(

I use both sponges (which I soften up first by using on the car/house windows several times then ensuring they are clean) and wash mitts. Rinse off the bike with a hose before going anywhere near it with a sponge etc as might be dusty/gritty. As said never near greasy bits. Microfibre cloths are good with car wash+wax on bodywork too.

Clean the bike with the bodywork off and do the inside of the fairings every so often then you can clean the engine properly too. I use a 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch paint brush and paraffin in the nooks and crannies.

Paraffin / cleaner

Hose down

soap

hose down

Use a proper chamios on the bodywork.

Bit of polish if you took the fairings off

Lube the chain

Use MrSheene on the back wheel and tyres but not on the saddles, footpegs grips or controls.

Meguiars do a bucket with a sieve thingy in the bottom, keeps the water spotless. They also do a lambswool wash mitt with a fly-removing section - bloody fab! Yes they're expensive but you'll spend much more on shit you'll chuck away. Good xmas pressies!

Mitt

Bucket

I use a lambswool wash mit for the paintwork on my bike and a seperate washmit usually a microfibre type for the frame, swingarm, wheels, basically all the muckier areas of the bike along with a selection of detailing brushes like these

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/ra...-set-cat25.html

They're great for when reaching into places a hand with a wash mit can't and for aggitating any spray on cleaners you may of used but they're soft and don't scratch the surface.

Archived