Yoshimura Tri Oval Exhausts

BUSABOY

Hi all,

I bought a pair of tri-oval Yoshimura slip on cans for my Susuki Hayabusa in June last year. Within a month the right hand exhaust started to leak exhaust gas around the front band. The band holds the sleeve in place. The motorcycle dealership were I purchased the exhausts contacted the distrubutor in the UK who agreed to replace the faulty exhaust. Now, and some 12 months later both exhausts are leaking exhaust gas around both front bands. There is evidence which indicates metals expanding and contracting at different rates - I have attached a link to a photograph which provides evidence of this. The marks to the right of the band holding the sleeve ion place show the movement.

Has anyone experianced this type of fault with a Yoshimura titanium end can or have any ideas or solutions as to why this has happend. Yoshimura has I believe an excellent reputation and I am informed that their exhausts rarely go wrong if at all. Is this a manufacturing fault? :icon_blackeye:

Cheers

JT

Visit My Website

Hi all,

I bought a pair of tri-oval Yoshimura slip on cans for my Susuki Hayabusa in June last year. Within a month the right hand exhaust started to leak exhaust gas around the front band. The band holds the sleeve in place. The motorcycle dealership were I purchased the exhausts contacted the distrubutor in the UK who agreed to replace the faulty exhaust. Now, and some 12 months later both exhausts are leaking exhaust gas around both front bands. There is evidence which indicates metals expanding and contracting at different rates - I have attached a link to a photograph which provides evidence of this. The marks to the right of the band holding the sleeve ion place show the movement.

Has anyone experianced this type of fault with a Yoshimura titanium end can or have any ideas or solutions as to why this has happend. Yoshimura has I believe an excellent reputation and I am informed that their exhausts rarely go wrong if at all. Is this a manufacturing fault? :icon_salut:

Cheers

JT

Visit My Website

Yoshimura japan has a good reputation yes, but Yoshimura USA division has a horrible reputation for poor build quality, i didn't even get two years use out of my RS-5 before the rivets corroded and basically disolved, logo panel is completely covered in corrosion also. Would never buy Yoshi again, Akra all the way next time.

Just to update you all. I have now had a response from Yoshimura Japan who having been provided with the photgraphic evidence have agreed to replace both silences. I would like to say the Yosmimura Japan responded very quickly to my complaint, and agreed to rectify the problem very quickly. This has most certainly restored my faith in them. Their distributor in the UK was also very helpful. :thumbsup:

Archived