Anodising fork bottoms

Annaz

I thought while I had the front end off the bike, to fit tyre, do head bearings and fit new headlight fairing, I'd get my untidy looking fork bottoms blinged up a bit. I was going to strip and polish but I've got enough polishing to do on the bike as it is so when my son suggested a little gold anodising I thought it sounded like a plan. I've never had any anodising done so I was wondering if anyone on here had had it done and could recommend somewhere, preferably in Yorkshire. There are a few places I've spotted online but I want a top job etc. Cheers

check out the 'anodising this and that' thread on the 'your bikes and projects' page that will have a few companies.

you must remember however that the forks will have to be completly stripped(thats everything)because the whole item gets dipped.

check out the 'anodising this and that' thread on the 'your bikes and projects' page that will have a few companies.

you must remember however that the forks will have to be completly stripped(thats everything)because the whole item gets dipped.

I was wondering about that.

I found a bit of info at this place http://www.colouranodisers.co.uk/index.html they say areas can be masked but I assumed, in the case of fork bottoms, that a strip down would be required.

Thanks for that tho, I'll have a browse :dribble:

A good spray shop can do a finish that looks anodized i dont know if thats any help to you. Be careful where you go as well as anodizing something old is a lot harder that new so a well recommended firm is a must.

A good spray shop can do a finish that looks anodized i dont know if thats any help to you. Be careful where you go as well as anodizing something old is a lot harder that new so a well recommended firm is a must.

Cheers John

this place I'm thinking of has a good motorsport customer base and seems well respected in the industry, check out the website above it looks pretty cool!

Well I been and had a word and the bloke was honest if nowt else. He said generally speaking, motorcyclists are disappointed with the results of anodising due to inconsistancies in aluminium, had to tell what sort of ally it is and therefore difficult to predict the results.

So it's out with the nitromors, emery paper and polishing mops for me :eusa_whistle:

Archived