motocross rear master cylinder sizes

lorenzo

I'm after a nifty built in reservoir type master cylinder, most likely off a fairly recent crosser. However, none of the adverts on ebay have the mounting sizes listed. I need one that's 45mm between the holes, anybody got a modern crosser in the shed and can get the ruler out for me?

Got one on my CRF450, I'll pop out and measure in a bit

CRF rear master is 53.58mm from bottom of bottom holt to top of top hole. to center of each is 48.7+/-

Hmm, thanks very much, I'll keep mooching about looking to see what might fit.

I had to modify my rearsets on the trackbike to accommodate the CRF m/c, but also, when mating it with a larger (than an mx) rear caliper it was an absolute bastard to bleed, a mityvac still suffered to get it right, I had to upgrade mine using one of these:

Rear Brake Return Spring

While you're at it get an anodised ally cap like mine - just because :P

26809_382349609083_500469083_3692930_813577_n.jpg

There's not a massive amount of meat on the rearsets for me to be able to squeeze a different size on there. It's annoying, the one on my SRAD is a perfect fit, but I don't want to have a reservoir dangling off somewhere. I might just have to do my own version of the HRC reservoir with a bit of tubing. As for bleeding it and hydraulic ratios: it's only a rear, it doesn't need to actually work or anything...

Editted to add: there's not going to be any anodised bling on this bike, although I quite like the idea of getting things anodised black. Not red, that's a girls colour, especially when it fades and goes pink. You big homo.

it's only a rear, it doesn't need to actually work or anything...

My sentiment indeed...

Editted to add: there's not going to be any anodised bling on this bike, although I quite like the idea of getting things anodised black. Not red, that's a girls colour, especially when it fades and goes pink. You big homo.

I bought mine because the standard cap is cast ally and it cracked due to my cack-handidness, and secretly I chose red cos I hoped it would change to pink... :lol:

Don't worry about it, I've had a few responses now from various sellers on ebay, it seems that there's none that are even a similar size to what i need, so I'm going with a good old fashioned reservoir, or maybe a HRC-esque bit of hose. Thanks all the same.

Archived