Scottish dyno

smobytoe

Bob Scott Bikes

Unit 10 Eastfield Business Par, Glenrothes.

01592 773 302

or there's also

Grant Motorcycles

Unit 4-7 Knockhill Racing Circ, Fife.

01383 720001

I've seen Bob Scott's set up. It's very professional. He runs a supersport team, so he knows his stuff.

Bob Scott Bikes

Unit 10 Eastfield Business Par, Glenrothes.

01592 773 302

or there's also

Grant Motorcycles

Unit 4-7 Knockhill Racing Circ, Fife.

01383 720001

I've seen Bob Scott's set up. It's very professional. He runs a supersport team, so he knows his stuff.

Had a few bikes done up at Bob Grants and never had any problems.

Good skills guys. Bob did bob grant set up your r1 and do you have any recommendations for airfilter before I buy a new one? :eusa_dance:

Hi mate.

Bob's done all my bikes. He spent quite some time on my racebike, fitting a Dynojet kit then setting it up on the dyno. With a full Akrapovic, K&N and the Dynojet kit I ended up with 144bhp at the wheel.

I've got K&N filters in all my bikes. They're washable so you'll never need to buy another one. If you can stretch to it get the Dynojet kit too. It does make a difference.

One thing I will say is the carb bikes take longer to set up so you may need quite a bit of dyno time. Best thing to do is speak to Bob or Vicky at the shop. They're very helpful.

I was kinda hoping that i could manage with a k&n and end can but maybe I should just put a wee bit more aside and save a bit for the dynojet kit. My budget biking is fast going out the window bob(£38 leathers are a treat tho)! I will take your advice and give them a wee call! 144bhp sounds pretty good to me man! :eusa_whistle:

You probably could get away with only a filter and end can but if you fit a performance filter (which will flow more air) the bike may run a bit lean. That's why we dyno them though, to see how they run. Again Bob will advise you it's just IMO the Dynojet is worth it.

Sorry bob I wasnae being clear there. I actually meant a filter, can and dyno run to get the carbs sorted( it's a bit rough at 3-4000 the noo) but I will probly go for a dyno jet kit too! Maybe My bird will buy me it for crimbo but I have probly more chance of that lottery win! How's the bike comin along? Any joy with the box?

I just had to put a regulator on mine as it fried the other one, dunnoe what caused it likes! :eusa_think:

How's the bike comin along? Any joy with the box?

I just had to put a regulator on mine as it fried the other one, dunnoe what caused it likes! :(

Skinner Motorcycles in Dundee lent me an engine for East Fortune. They also gave me a van on the Saturday so I went down to EF and raced on the Sunday. Starting on the back of the grid (cos I didn't qualify Sat) I managed a 6th, 5th & 8th places and finished 3rd in the Pre-Injection 1200 championship so managed to rescue something from the weekend.

Both bikes now have the engines out and they will be stripped and repaired this winter for next season.

Still haven't found that shock. When it turnsd up I'll give you a bell ok :D

Good skills mike skinner!!! I was gonna fire down to EF but I think it was pissing down if I remember correctly, good results tho man! No worris about the shocky if I rears it head gies a shout! I finally got both my sliders scuffed up by the way and can't wait for next summer! Might come and watch you race next season at some point too bob. :eusa_think:

Archived