Brake fluid pipe

billysbones

I'm looking to buy some of the brake fluid pipe that runs from the rear reservoir to the master cylinder.

I assume that it has to be made of a particular material, but not to withstand pressure.

Anybody help?

• 2 weeks later...
I use Tygon 2705 i think its called, Kurveygirl.com does it you can order it here or she has an ebay shop too.

What he said + its see through too.

Although the postie does raise an eyebrow when handing your the brown parcel with the kurveygirl logo on it. But mines an nosey git anyway.

Tygon 2075, not 2705. I can't find any from the UK in a couple of minutes, but there's people on ebay in the states selling it by the foot.

Thought the term was ""non-hydroscopic". How long do you need? Might have some somewhere.

I believe the word is Hygroscopic. :icon_bounce:

Hygroscopy is the ability of a substance to attract water molecules from the surrounding environment through either absorption or adsorption.

The similar-sounding but unrelated word hydroscopic is sometimes used in error for hygroscopic. A hydroscope is an optical device used for making observations deep under water.

I believe the word is Hygroscopic. :)

Hygroscopy is the ability of a substance to attract water molecules from the surrounding environment through either absorption or adsorption.

The similar-sounding but unrelated word hydroscopic is sometimes used in error for hygroscopic. A hydroscope is an optical device used for making observations deep under water.

Ah that's the one. Cheers :o

Thought hygroscopic properties only apply to the brake fluid itself's tendency to absorb moisture? The main concern with tubing is its ability to withstand the corrosive nature of brake fluid, and its ability to withstand sweating?

I'm never sure if it's fluid going out through the pipe, or the Hygroscpoic nature of the fluid sucking water out of the air :D

If you want to go mental, I've been getting Samco Flouro Lined fitted all over Phase One bikes for a few years. Looks trick, works, was free though, 'cause it ain't cheap. Can't see the fluid either.

Arent some plastics porous to some degree? Maybe non hygroscopic pipe wont let water molecules through so they cant be absorbed by the brake fluid?

I did read somewhere that plastic fuel cans can allow some of the lighter parts of the fuel to evaporate over time due to the porus nature of the plastic where as a metal cant wont do this.

I did read somewhere that plastic fuel cans can allow some of the lighter parts of the fuel to evaporate over time due to the porus nature of the plastic where as a metal cant wont do this.

Either this months or last months CMM had an article related to that. Last months issue was of course more ossumtm:pbtwerplr3:

Archived