Tools for changing car and bike tyres

dai1984

I know that changing bike tyres has been discussed recently but i cant find the answers to my situation. The front on my R1 needs changing soon as well as all four tyres on my mrs car. Im estimating its gonna cost at least £50 to have them all fitted and balanced so I'm looking to buy the proper tools to do it myself. Does anyone know of any bead breakers and balancers that work with both car and bike wheels? I'm also considering it an investment as the lads in work are always after cheap tyres and I could do with the sideline.

Ive seen the sealey kit and plan on enquiring about it but if anyone on here knows then I'd appreciate it!

Dai

yamharrharr suply you with two wooden stacks (drums stick,under the seat!) ,you tap the rim to a samba beat ,and then the tyre (sports tyre)..jump off on its own (in fucking relief),...try it. :icon_blackeye:

A super-star off this 'ere parish made me up a wheel-balancer stand-£30

And who would this superstar be? and would he be willing to make some more :rolleyes:

I have levers, rim protectors, big lumps of wood to rest things on and all the stuff to change tyres on the DR-Zs (we don't bother balancing them as the tyres tend to only last a week or two of use anyway)

BUT I just cannot do the fucking innertubes without pinching them or skinning my knuckles getting the valves through OK. Its a fucking pain in the arse and its not even like I have sausage fingers or owt...

:eusa_whistle:

spacer.gifbeadbreaker.jpg

cant see this being too difficult to make, and making it adjustable for car tyres too would be a piece of pish, all you would need to do is make the back tube of it so it has another tube inside it attached to the bit that levers the tyre off and put a pin through some holes in the tubes to adjust the height.

The Abba bead breaker works up to 205 width tyres. The front on the R1 is very low so its booked in on Saturday at the local tyre place. I'm still interested in getting a set up and I'll speak to the welder at work when he returns next week. I'm thinking one similar to the abba one but with a "U" shape bottom section instead ot a "T". While I'm at it I may as well build a balancer stand. Any ideas for this? Again it must do car and bike or be easily changable. The car balancers I've seen are different to the bike ones but I guess the same priciples would apply?

Archived