CNC near Bristol ???

Mohawk

Hi Guys,

I always try to sort stuff myself, but for my next trick I need some CNC or very accurate lathe work doing.

I need a brake disc centering spacer to allow a narrow hub wheel to take my brake disc's & to have the disc carrier drilled to match the new PCD of the new wheel.

The alternative is a custom disc carrier, but I'd expect that to be more expensive.

Can anyone recommend an alloy grade for this ? What grade are disc carriers made from ? the same would be fine for this part.

Can anyone recommend anywhere that can do that kind of work for real world money ?

Don't mind if they are not local, so long as they are good to work with & deliver in a reasonable time.

Thanks

Chris.

Anyone with a lathe/miller and half a brain can sort this for you m8.

Any decent spec aluminium alloy will do. (a billet or plate in the size you require will be anyway normally)

The hole pitching around a set PCD is a simple calculation and can be done on a basic milling machine. :icon_salut:

Any decent local machine shop should piss this for you.

HTH

Thanks Trigger, as I don't know any local machine shops, I was hoping someone would make a recommendation !

Any of the places I used to know would suck their teeth & provaricate if you mentioned brakes !

Archived