Hayabusa change of bodywork

Yoshi

Im looking to change the apprearance of a hayabusa.

In a PB article a few years back, there was a black, turbo hayabusa ridden by DALE (i think) that had GSXR1000 body work on it

Id like to know how it fitted onto the Hayabusa.

1) did it need a new sub frame for the tail fairing

2)did it need a new fairing bracket fr the front

3)which model of GSXR1000 bodywork is easier to fit

4)are the standard busa clocks retained

any other tips or essentail bits to change then please advise.

It would end up running a 4 into 1 system

Thanks

try a post in Oldskool Suzuki they'll know.

from what I remember of the article the tail uses the same bikes subframe modded to fit and I think it was TL top fairing. The bike was owned by a guy who has a company that deals with Busa stauff and can probably sell you a kit .... don't remember who though.

you can pretty much guarentee that mounts and subframe were both either heavilly modded or scratch built. i wouldnt worry about it too much though as there are a few builds on here that you could take inspiration from, also i wouldnt try to find too much info as you'll find yourself struggling against it, i would offer it up then work out what needs to be moved and where your mounts need to be. have a look at cabbies work (either of his recent projects)

http://pbmagforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=21726

http://pbmagforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=15741

this should give some inspiration.

• 3 weeks later...
IMG_2675.jpg

In Laguna Seca last year.

perfect, thats the kiddie....General idea was to change the tail unit, not so fused about the front, but the back has to go. Then have to junk the 4 into 2 and go for a 4 into 1.....Will see how it turns out...thanks all for the advice

There were a nice one in PB a few months back if I remember correctly. Had a GSXR K-Series (5?) tail and some other bit's 'n' bob's fitted. I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a scanned copy? :eusa_whistle:

that greek bike looks ok. That is the rear of the bike i want, the K5 look....Like someone said, offer it up and then see what needs welding or moving. I know the original look had a purpose but its FUGLY to me. Will see how this one turns out

cheers all

Archived