TL 1000 S Riders-> Please help:

xjrsommsi

oi mates,

a close friend of mine rides a ´99 Tiller thou and has had the painful experience of doing a dolomite tour with her.

so is there a "riser" for the handle bars or a vario clip on........or maybe which clip-ons fit from another (suzuki?) bike, just plug&play (despite cable routing)? SRAD maybe?

superbike conversion is no option for him, though.

pls, need some advice,

fred from austria ;o)

The forks on a TL are the same as those on an SRAD, aren't they? With a bit of luck you should be able to find some that are a straight bolt on swap, as there's loads of bikes that have 50mm forks, I had some adjustable bars off a ducati 900SS on my old VFR, it's just a matter of getting the same diameter as the fork leg. Do the bars on the TL sit above or below the tope yoke? Sometimes, especially if they're a standard bar off another bike they'll cath on the side of the yoke if they're fitted below the yoke, that's the only other thing to watch out for, although this only seems to be an issue on normal bars off other bike, not aftermarket bars. Have a look at out Bros prject for example, you can see that the bars catch the yoke towards the front corners:

5041178067_ce82faf1a4.jpg

Just sniffing about, looking at a few things, what about the bars off a Ducati ST4? I don't know if they're 50mm, probably are, but the bars have a good bit of lift. Or perhaps a pair of these?

thanks dudes, for the input......

helibars was the word i was looking for- gonna tell me mate.

also the SV thou clip ons (and the duck´s)- cheers.

will tell you his decision (and add pics, hopefully) when he´s done.

keep it safe,

freddy

Archived