Nuts

blow_away

Just reassembled the swing arm and linkage on the steelie.

All OK, (especially when I put the rocker linkage in the right way round :eusa_whistle: )

The nuts on the linkage bolts are the type with a metal flange on the top to stop them coming undone. This thread says they are called "aerotight" nuts, but when I Google that name the images look different to the ones I have. I don't have a picture, will take one tomorrow.

Anyway, to the question - are these nuts re-usable, or should I bin them and get some new ones? And what are they called?

Bingo, that's the ones

Do you know if they are re-useable? The steelie has this type of nut on the rear wheel spindle, so I guess they are OK for multiple use

What do i win???

They're re-useable. They wanna be 'cos the fazer uses one on the rear spindle and it's 32mm dia. I don't want to buying a new one of those everytime I take the wheel out.

What do i win???

The prize is an empty flagon of Blackthorn and some mini cheddars which I just found on the floor. They are a bit squished, but still tasty. I don't think the cat licked them :beerchug:

They are re-usable yes, They serve the same purpose as a nylock nut, except rather than having a nylon ring to stop them for vibrating loose, the head of the nut tends to be slightly sprung inwards to grip the thread properly

(or in the case of those staytites, the two plates are sprung so they grab the pitch of the thread for the same result)

Archived