Re-packing my exhaust

matt_the_blat

Righto, '02 Aprilia RSV-R Mille with Aprilia Titanium race can - they did several versions of this exhaust and mine is the one with the big outlet so it's extra noisy :lol: It's a big v-twin so people tend to hear you coming no matter what so I don't really need a mega noisy exhaust, and I'm more concerned about being able to go and do trackdays without getting booted off for being too loud (it was measured at 115dB at 7,500rpm!).

The original "road legal" exhaust is a little quieter but still quite noisy (106dB at 7,500rpm), but being welded it can't be repacked - my guess is that being a big v-twin the wadding in both cans has long since been blown to pieces.

Option 1 is to buy a new-but-cheap road legal can (maybe Fuel or Delkevic) and see how I go from there, and get it re-packed as and when necessary.

But before I do that I'm wondering whether it would be worth repacking it and try adding a dB killer baffle to see if that quietens things down enough? Evilchicken0 has already posted some pics here and I've had a look on the web so I have an idea what's involved and it looks straightforward enough.

Any thoughts as to whether it would be worth my while trying this, or would it be cheaper and more straightforward to spend £100-£150 on a new can and flog the old ones on e-bay?

Cheers,

Matt :lol:

Archived