Painting Exhausts

gregtrx

I might get some cheap downpipes for the bandit off ebay and spray them, does anyone know if the paint adheres ok to stainless? I assume I'll have to rough the surface up a bit (scotchbrite pad?)

Oh, and I want to paint em white, just because.

I might get some cheap downpipes for the bandit off ebay and spray them, does anyone know if the paint adheres ok to stainless? I assume I'll have to rough the surface up a bit (scotchbrite pad?)

Oh, and I want to paint em white, just because.

Trouble is white heat resistant paint is matt and gets shitty looking real quick, just from handling the things with grubby paws. If you were doing them black I'd recommend PJ1 every time, get them blasted if you can as you'll never get into all th nooks and crannies by hand.

Why not wrap them with exhaust wrap that comes in white (and black) but once again gets grubby quick.

Or get them ceramic coated by that place in warrington that i've fogotten the name of. Performance and looks, all at only 6 or 7 times your budget....

How about a different colour for each pipe? That would be unique! Or black/white/black/white.

OK, stoopid idea.... :lol:

Can recommend Sperex VHT satin black paint, don't know about white though - they'd soon look kakky.

My white exhaust lasted still looking vaguely white for a year or so. Get a mudguard extender to keep the worst of the filth off and you'll be alright. From memory I think I used Hycote VHT paint, spray it on, go for a run flat out in first/second and it cooks it onto the pipes.

Or for 30 times the budget you can get it done permantly here http://www.camcoat.u-net.com/

How about a different colour for each pipe? That would be unique! Or black/white/black/white.

I quite like that idea, though it may make the bike tricky to sell on.

Cheers for the advice guys!

Archived