Fireblade battery

Babyjase

Only had my 06 blade for about 3 weeks and have only managed to do about 300 miles. Anyway went out to start it the other day and the battery was dead, it just cranked really slowly then nothing. I took the battery in and put it on the optimate over night and in the morning put it back in and started it before going for a wee run. I did about 3 miles and stopped at the bank, turning off the engine, tries to start it again and nothing.

Took the battery back out and again charged it overnight, and thought I should check the voltage.

Battery out of the bike is 12.4v

Battery in the bike with terminals connected is 12.1v

Starting the bike drops this to 11.3v

Bike running is 14v and stays there no matter what revs.

So is this normal? Something must be wrong somewhere along the line.

Any ideas?

Cheers :thumbsup:

Cheers buddy. TBH I've been a bit suprised with the build quality, I took the rim tape off and it took the paint with it, and the riders seat has worn away the paint underneath it. You cant see it but I know its there. Had an RSVR factory before this and its build quality was superb.

Pity the bike was a duffer

Absolutely normal for a Blade is that. They suck juice like a whore can suck start a leafblower, especially if the bike has an alarm on it. Blade batteries are notoriously small for the bike they're designed to start and even the smallest change of voltage can reduce your chances of starting it, the only way to keep on top of it is keep with a quality Yuasa and keep it charged, else expect to buy a new battery every 6-12 months.

Archived