Waking the dead

Bigspud

Just been given a scooter (03 plate Suzuki Hokuto 110cc if it makes a difference)

Now, thing is it hasn't run for about 2 years, but has been stored in a garage. Here are the facts:

1. I think the engine isn't seized, as it turns over with the kickstart

2. I haven't tried to start it yet (charging the battery), but apparently it doesn't

I don't know anything about either scooters or two strokes, but have put together the following list of jobs to do:

1. Make sure petrol hasn't gone off, clean / flush as required

2. Check oil

3. Oil & Filter change

4. Check / clean spark plug

5. Stand well back and push starter with broom handle

Are there any recommendations for things to add or remove from the list from people who have a clue?

Just been given a scooter (03 plate Suzuki Hokuto 110cc if it makes a difference)

Now, thing is it hasn't run for about 2 years, but has been stored in a garage. Here are the facts:

1. I think the engine isn't seized, as it turns over with the kickstart

2. I haven't tried to start it yet (charging the battery), but apparently it doesn't

I don't know anything about either scooters or two strokes, but have put together the following list of jobs to do:

1. Make sure petrol hasn't gone off, clean / flush as required

2. Check oil

3. Oil & Filter change

4. Check / clean spark plug

5. Stand well back and push starter with broom handle

Are there any recommendations for things to add or remove from the list from people who have a clue?

The crank runs in engine oil (10W40 ?) - look for a sump drain plug to change it.

drive belt and rollers probably need a change too, belt is most probably perrished from being left standing, change it now to avoid a long push home when it snaps

isn't Hokuto japanese for head north (or something similar)?

Archived