Exhaust Valve

ninjapig

I have got a Kawasaki ZX636 C1. The exhaust valve stops working from time to time causing the FI light to come on. The bike has done mostly dry miles, 25,000 to be more accurate, kept in a garage at nights. The problem seemed to start when i was away training for a week and had to leave the bike outside in the rain . My question is can the water get into the electrics ?. The servo motor still works because if it didnt it would stop altogether like a light bulb. Same with the valve because its mechanical i would expect it to go gradually instead of just stopping?. Any body got any ideas!

Its a common problem my friend!you cannot strip the valve to lube it either!DO NOT unscrew the servo pulley without holding it still with grips as the cogs inside easily break(thin plastic).So your choices are...use this as an excuse to replace with a performance tailcan,saturate the valve with penetrating oil and hope for the best or get onto akraprovic as i believe they used to sell a small metal arm that tricks the servo into thinking its connected(it restricts the movement)

Archived