Non bike related (cleaning fuel injectors) car

Sean

Straight to the point, basically injector 3 on my car has a blockage and is not letting fuel through. Recon set is nearly £90 but wondered if there’s a way of cleaning them at home without causing damage to internals? If not i guess ill have to bite the bullet and buy a recon set. Selling it in a month aswell :eusa_wall::(

There was an article in PPC about checking flow, might be worth taking a look on there site. I get the impression cleaning them required fluid to go under in simulated conditions -eg with an ECU driving them. But it's easier to check them, so maybe look for a set from the scrappy?

Sorted now, carb cleaner and the air line managed to free what ever it was.

Details being, 1999 mk4 fiesta 1.25, running the variable cam timing engine from the ford puma, millteck 4-2-1 manifold and system. Mondeo ST24 brakes up front with 2.0l focus rear discs and calipers. Zetec S mk5 rear beam, GAZ coilovers, goodridge lines, powerflex bushes all round. Annnnndd if i can get my grubby mitts on a pair of Ford Racing Puma cams :thumbsup:

im sure theres a turbo conversion for that engine (its a yamaha!!) cant remeber who it was but they do it fairly cheap (so much so i did think of not putting the 2.5ltr v6 mondie lump in my scort)

Didn't the same company do a Ka turbo too? I can't think of them either.

I always fancied dropping a 2 litre lump into my old 1.3 endura-e engined MK5 fiesta. It was a basic car, but it would have been fun looking stock (I was thinking keep the steel wheels, slap on a spax kit and big brakes) but going well. When I looked into it, it wasen't a straightforward coversion (a la MK 3/4). Did anyone ever crack it? Anyway, a change to 120 mile daily commute changed that.

People have done the 2 liter mondeo zetec lump into both the KA and fiesta. For ultimate power in the mk4/5 fiesta now people are doing the duretec 2 liter conversion from the mk6 fiesta ST. Instant 150bhp capable of nearly 350-400 with forced induction. Still alot of power to put through the front wheels. There was a cosworth engines mk3 running close to 500bhp through mondeo ST24 runnings rear aswell as some sierra. 4 wheel drive :thumbsup:

cosworth

I've just made a mess. Mmm, cossie. Need one of them one day. I passed on a cossie for a grand (needed a new body and full engine rebuild mind), but curse the day I didn't buy it and stick it in storage.

Fiesta mk4, running a 2liter duretec ST engine on Jenvey throttle bodies :icon_salut:

DSC00044.jpg

Nice pipes.

Inbetween bouts of cossie love sickness, I occasionly look at the thousand bhp turbo BMWs.

Then dream of those engine, in a Locost 7.

Oh yes.

When I finish all my bikes, I'll have one.

A mate of mine had a Pug 306 to which he fitted a 4 x 4 Cossie engine. Needless to say the Pug had to have some major surgery to get the Cossie engine to fit, but it was very nicely done if I remember correctly. This was back in 1993 - 1994 and was featured in one of the car mags (I have a copy of it somewhere...).

It was some car!

Theres a local (infamous) 205 pug running a cossie lump and 4wd around near me some where. T16 group B replica with the power to match the looks. Guy had spent 2 years revamping it and almost wrote it off 3 weeks ago loosing it on a roundabout in stevenage. dinged every panle

Theres a local (infamous) 205 pug running a cossie lump and 4wd around near me some where. T16 group B replica with the power to match the looks. Guy had spent 2 years revamping it and almost wrote it off 3 weeks ago loosing it on a roundabout in stevenage. dinged every panle

Fastlane couriers in Derby had one, well the boss had one anyway. Red 205 van with full 4wd saph running gear, also had a cossie transit as well. This was back in the early to mid 90`s. If I remember correctly, I think he died in a motorbike accident.

For 306`s running funny lumps, check out Andy Burtons stage rally car on youtube. That started off with a 6r4 engine, now it runs an ex german touring car 24v 2.5 litre v6 built by cosworth. It fucking howls. It was fucking scary waiting for that lunatic to come bollocking through a forest about 3 ffet away from where you were stood.

edit... in fact fuck it, check this out..

and then they changed the regs to efeectively ban his car.

I'm building a Ka RS turbo for my brother at the moment.

T4 hybrid, cammed, Brunswick head, Accralite forged pistons, cossie green injectors, MFi bottom end, EFi top end, Omex ECU etc etc...

Should be fun on trackdays.

and then they changed the regs to efeectively ban his car.

I'm building a Ka RS turbo for my brother at the moment.

T4 hybrid, cammed, Brunswick head, Accralite forged pistons, cossie green injectors, MFi bottom end, EFi top end, Omex ECU etc etc...

Should be fun on trackdays.

Feck a T4s a bit big for that isn't it? Would love to see some pics though...

Shell is a 1997, no rust(!!!).

Interior all stripped and ready for roll cage to be welded in.

Block recently came back from engine shop with 81.5mm holes - it's the biggest bore Accralite go to before you go expensive custom pistons and we get them discounted through the company so it's off the shelf for us.

Turbo has 360° thrust bearings all singing all dancing full race turbo, only done 20hrs work - will only run 1 bar of boost to keep loads sensible on the gearbox which will be a standard Ka box with RS LSD - nice ratios and stronger than old RS boxes. Apparently driveshafts will take 325ft lb torque - we'll see about that, lol.

Suspension will be adjustable koni's, 500lb front springs, 800lb rears.

ARB may be adjustable, depends if we need it or not.

14" rims to keep gearing sensible, 185/55 rubber.

My old man is an approved Omex mapper so it'll be spot on, will have 2 maps - one MOT friendly, one not so much :icon_blackeye:

Pic of turbo, apologies for size of pic.

28022010149.jpg

Shell is a 1997, no rust(!!!).

Interior all stripped and ready for roll cage to be welded in.

Block recently came back from engine shop with 81.5mm holes - it's the biggest bore Accralite go to before you go expensive custom pistons and we get them discounted through the company so it's off the shelf for us.

Turbo has 360° thrust bearings all singing all dancing full race turbo, only done 20hrs work - will only run 1 bar of boost to keep loads sensible on the gearbox which will be a standard Ka box with RS LSD - nice ratios and stronger than old RS boxes. Apparently driveshafts will take 325ft lb torque - we'll see about that, lol.

Suspension will be adjustable koni's, 500lb front springs, 800lb rears.

ARB may be adjustable, depends if we need it or not.

14" rims to keep gearing sensible, 185/55 rubber.

My old man is an approved Omex mapper so it'll be spot on, will have 2 maps - one MOT friendly, one not so much :tacheemoticonwh7:

Pic of turbo, apologies for size of pic.

28022010149.jpg

Sounds really cool. I'd never have guessed the box was stronger. Mind you, I'd never have guessed there were 97 Ka's about without rust either!

Wish my old man was good with mapping too!

They're just newer mate, better metal, less wear and tear.

The ratio's are spot on for what we want (120mph top speed, will get there like fuck if we can get power down).

I can't remember if we have to use the S1 or S2 diff, the bolt pattern is different apparently.

They're just newer mate, better metal, less wear and tear.

The ratio's are spot on for what we want (120mph top speed, will get there like fuck if we can get power down).

I can't remember if we have to use the S1 or S2 diff, the bolt pattern is different apparently.

Sounds like just the thing! I've kinda decided I'm not having another new car, I'd rather build the things I want (if I ever get them done...) but a cossie engine is on the list. Along with a modern diesel engined hot rod...

A few years ago we had Tim Harveys old BTCC Alfa 147 widebody, we put a genuine 200bhp Alfa 1.9 Jtd engine with 360nm torque - it fucking flew.

It was a 24hr race car so it had to be reliable, at the Ring it would be overtaken on the straights by Astons/BMW's and Porsches only to go past them up the steep inclines, not even a downshift - just shitloads of torque :shock:

DSC00338.JPG

You had an Alfa that stayed together long enough to complete a lap of the ring?

Impressive speed too. Would have loved to have seen the look in the other drivers face!

Can do better than that, we also used to run ex BTCC 156's that the factory couldn't get to last a 20 min sprint race.

The £25k longmans engines were a work of art but fragile with a design flaw, the rebuilds were £10k and a strip down revealed why.

My father has 4 components redesigned to his spec and they produced the same power but would last for practice, 2 quali sessions and the Ring 24hr race with minimal wear after post race strip down.

One year we had a gearbox failure during quali, our spare was a road box from a 155 - the ratios were mad for a race car, we worked out that on dottinger ohhe (sp? the long straight at the end of the lap, just before the F1 circuit entrance) the car was doing just over 155mph, was keeping up with geared down 997's and M3's :icon_salut:

Can do better than that, we also used to run ex BTCC 156's that the factory couldn't get to last a 20 min sprint race.

The £25k longmans engines were a work of art but fragile with a design flaw, the rebuilds were £10k and a strip down revealed why.

My father has 4 components redesigned to his spec and they produced the same power but would last for practice, 2 quali sessions and the Ring 24hr race with minimal wear after post race strip down.

One year we had a gearbox failure during quali, our spare was a road box from a 155 - the ratios were mad for a race car, we worked out that on dottinger ohhe (sp? the long straight at the end of the lap, just before the F1 circuit entrance) the car was doing just over 155mph, was keeping up with geared down 997's and M3's :pb2:

Feckin hell!

Archived