5pw R1

dai1984

I have the owners manual and I have the haynes manual but they dont say what size the nut is on the rear axle. The large one that needs loosening to adjust the chain. Anyone on here know so I can get the socket from Halfords?

I've also tried removing the chain guard but the little plastic quick release fasteners have me stumpt, how the hell do you undo them?

I have the owners manual and I have the haynes manual but they dont say what size the nut is on the rear axle. The large one that needs loosening to adjust the chain. Anyone on here know so I can get the socket from Halfords?

I've also tried removing the chain guard but the little plastic quick release fasteners have me stumpt, how the hell do you undo them?

From memory the rear axle needs a 32mm socket. Well that's what's on my 4xv R1, I'm fairly sure it's the same.

Monkey is correct. Rear axle nut is 32mm.

My 5pw chainguard is held on with an allen bolt and it looks like 2 quarter turn phillips head qr clips. Shouldn't be too difficult to remove them.

Cheers for the socket size lads. Ive tried turning the qr clips but they only come out a small amount then stop! I'll have another look tomorrow

Archived