GSXR Pads

guiricuco

Hi All

Im just trying to improve feel from the brakes on my GSXR1000 K6, pretty much stock

apart from the can, and supercorsa's.

Hopefully off to Phillip Island in a few weeks, really want to improve feel for the end of that straight!!

Oh and what I mean by feel is not so long ago rode a stock 1198 and loved that sharpness and the

sensation of the pads gripping, the GSXR just slows no feel.

any ideas would be appreciated :icon_bounce:

DP (dunlopad) HH sport. Good initial bite without being overwhelming and don't overheat as easily as EBC's, but they cost the same.

When was the last time they where stripped, cleaned, greased up and put back together? Helps with my (shitty) brakes :eusa_whistle:

I know nothing about brake pads btw, although I am deciding I need sintered pads. Innit.

I stripped and cleaned them not long ago, the work well just lack bite.

I stripped and cleaned them not long ago, the work well just lack bite.

The biggest problem i used to have with my gsxr brakes was the fade. I had a set of EBC HH pads in. They were ok for road use, but shit on track. MAybe go with brembo pads? Bit pricey, but i know a few people that really rate them. Maybe upgrade the fluid as well, and if you haven't already (and can afford it) whack a set of braided lines on.

I have noticed the local superbike team here uses Yoshi pads, anyone tried them?

Never used or seen anyone running Yoshi pads, but im another convert to the Bendix. My k4 1000 has brakes that arent up to the job on track or even some fast ride outs, every day use theyre just about ok. I think its now well accepted that the GSXR stock brakes dont really cut it if your a HARD braker/trackday fiend.

Get some Bendix and try them out, if your still needing more id be looking at some different calipers.

Would also suggest SBS dual carbon. Stunning - I race with these and they're absolutely unfaultable, quick to warm, serious stopping power, good feel and 4 days on track into their life they're still going strong and have enough meat to do another 2/3 days.

I got my Bendix pads from TooTall, but you may have issues with getting hold of him. Bendix +1

Archived