What's this bit do then ??

V6Jon

I was just sorting out some SRAD bits for the powdercoater, and when I looked at the two clock brackets I have, I noticed they are different slightly, and before I get one of them tarted up I want to make sure I get the right one done !!

There are two differences, firstly :

Clocksbracket2.jpg

On the left hand side there is a triangular (ish) hole through the middle, but on the right you can see a tab which is on one side of the bracket, and in this picture partially blocks the view through this hole.

Secondly :

Clocksbracket1.jpg

There is a threaded tube on the left, which is missing from the one on the right, this would point toward the ground when mounted on the bike.

Can anyone tell me what these are for, so I can work out which one to use ?

Cheers, and sorry for the crap phone pcitures.

Jon

the one is carbs mount the other is fuel injection.fuse box is fitted to the clock mount on carbs and is on the ram tube on the fuel injection.

the one is carbs mount the other is fuel injection.fuse box is fitted to the clock mount on carbs and is on the ram tube on the fuel injection.

Cheers Sie, thought you might know :thumbsup:

Mine is a 96 Carb'ed bike, so I need the one with the metal strip by the 'triangle', but what is the little threaded tube at the bottom for ?

Cheers Sie, thought you might know :thumbsup:

Mine is a 96 Carb'ed bike, so I need the one with the metal strip by the 'triangle', but what is the little threaded tube at the bottom for ?

Steering damper?

Archived