TZR 250 3XV

Hendo

7 hours ago, Martin77 said:

All done by 12750rpm... what do you want it to do, rev to 15000? chances are it's peaking at about 11,500 (true rpm) and then revving on to about 12ish past peak. That's it's natural powerband, not a problem.

Thats maybe it then. I just kind of assumed with the mods done it would blast through to 14,000RPM. Not that you ever would often but just to have the extra over-rev there for times when you need it, such as overtaking, or going into a corner a gear lower than you should have done...

Ive been watching too many TZ videos on youtube!

Is this the lack of over-rev that was mentioned earlier - due to the ignition advance?

This is all a learning curve for me, really appreciate the insight.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Been toying with the idea of selling this recently - nothing to do with the bike, I just have no desire whatsoever to ride motorcycles anymore.

However, I got my arse into gear today and took it for a spin, just a gentle bimble as I was slightly groggy from the drink last night. The rev limiter was not being bothered by me today.

Anyhow, I'm not selling it, its fucking awesome. Its going really well at the minute, sounds fantastic and turns heads. The whole bike seems to resonate at around the 7-8KRPM mark, its just such a sweet spot when cruising along, like its ready to leap into angry rev fueled rage.

A TDR 250 would probably be better suited to my needs nowadays, but I just love seeing the 3XV in the garage. And I think a second 2 stroke would bankrupt me.

Here, have a picture or 2 -

IMG_1639_zpsugjwbpem.jpg
IMG_1638_zpsbdfbtjgg.jpg

I know that feeling! My 3xv has been round the block 1 time in the last 6yr i have owned it , all done but wants setting up on a dyno! But everytime i go in the garage , i know i will not get rid of it , just lovely to look at ? Might sell it if i could find a cheap 3yl??

3 minutes ago, 3tj6 said:

I know that feeling! My 3xv has been round the block 1 time in the last 6yr i have owned it , all done but wants setting up on a dyno! But everytime i go in the garage , i know i will not get rid of it , just lovely to look at ? Might sell it if i could find a cheap 3yl??

Build thread for yours anywhere? Pictures?

I took my 3MA-5 out to Rivington today.

Nearly 90 miles on B roads and it was awesome. I have never had so much fun since I was 17 on my 125LC.

They're a special breed. Keep it and look after it.

Or, if you want to sell it... :)

40 minutes ago, Tony B said:

I took my 3MA-5 out to Rivington today.

Nearly 90 miles on B roads and it was awesome. I have never had so much fun since I was 17 on my 125LC.

They're a special breed. Keep it and look after it.

Or, if you want to sell it... :)

Your 3MA has probably the best colour scheme of all the 250's, lovely little thing.

Do you not have a 3XV? I assumed it was you who bought the basket case from the classifieds on here?

Own up, whoever it was! :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 6 August 2016 at 7:41 PM, Hendo said:

Build thread for yours anywhere? Pictures?

Yes mate tzr forum , jt3xv in projects, its finished now , but wants setting up on dyno, got 3yl bodywork on it 

• 7 months later...

Six and a half years down the line, I feel it may be time to move on. I cannot see any scenario in the near future where I'm going to want to jump on this, or any bike for that matter and go for a blast.

So if anyone happens to be interested in this bike, PM me.

I'm not going to advertise it, or even try to sell it for that matter. If it goes, it goes. If it doesn't its no biggy - It looks great sitting in my garage  :wub:

Archived