Dyno Centres

Rainer

Can anyone recommend a dyno centre in the Northants area for setting up the PCIII on my SP1? I believe there's a place called RGS Motorsport in Wellingborough, but they aren't listed as an official Dynojet centre.

Cheers

Rainer

don't know anywhere in Northants [edited to add: maybe TTS?] but I can personally recommend Road & Track Dyno in Aylesbury... not a squillion miles away I guess?

http://www.roadandtrack.co.uk/contact.html

I've been there a couple of times, nice guy, no bullshit, reasonable prices. Chris there set my R1 up when I fitted a full system.

Don't know if they are an 'official' dynojet place, but they advertise in the back of the mag!

PS. if you don't already know it, the A413 Buckingham to Aylesbury road is a belter! :P

Nice one Jim - I've done that road a couple of times and it's a million times more fun than the trip to Wellingborough :P

I've done as the website suggests and sent an email to chris@roadandtrack.co.uk titled "dyno run" to receive a voucher for a £20 dyno run. Bargain!!!! Hopefully they can fit me in today while the Sun's shining :P

Nice one Jim - I've done that road a couple of times and it's a million times more fun than the trip to Wellingborough :P

I've done as the website suggests and sent an email to chris@roadandtrack.co.uk titled "dyno run" to receive a voucher for a £20 dyno run. Bargain!!!! Hopefully they can fit me in today while the Sun's shining :P

Now worries. I'd suggest giving Chris a call rather than email. He can take days to reply to an email, wheras he usually returns calls as soon as he's out of the dyno room and his ears have stopped bleeding.

Be warned, he's got quite a dry sense of humour. you might get a cup of tea if he likes you [you'll have to ask though] and some biscuits if you're really lucky.

Let me know when you're going and if I'm free I could pop over and meet you there, it's quite a nice run to Aylesbury from mine

here's the R1 being flogged for all it's worth a few years ago, pre full system

IMG_2853.jpg

IMG_2851_smudge.jpg

Road and Track in Aylesbury have got a good reputation, although I've not used them before.

I've always found TTS a bit weird to deal with. They did my GSXR years ago, but to be honest they made me feel like they were doing me a favour.

BSD are in Peterborough, so not a million miles away from N'pton. That's where my money goes.

would've loved to, but was working :lol:

did you go, how did you get on?

No, my Stompgrips arrived so I fitted those instead. I'll go down sometime next week if we get a nice day.

No, my Stompgrips arrived so I fitted those instead. I'll go down sometime next week if we get a nice day.

mmmmmmm..... stompgrips [drool]

I fitted some to my trackday tank. In a word: brilliant!!

just take your time fitting 'em, and you'll be reet. Enjoy

mmmmmmm..... stompgrips [drool]

I fitted some to my trackday tank. In a word: brilliant!!

just take your time fitting 'em, and you'll be reet. Enjoy

After lessons learned from when I fitted them to my 600RR I went for a black set, followed the instructions and used a heat gun. Lo and behold, no bubbles or lifting edges. Sweet!

Chris replied to my email - £165 for the dyno set up or £47 if the current map is ok. I'll keep an eye on the weather forecast and book it in if there's a nice day next week.

After lessons learned from when I fitted them to my 600RR I went for a black set, followed the instructions and used a heat gun. Lo and behold, no bubbles or lifting edges. Sweet!

Chris replied to my email - £165 for the dyno set up or £47 if the current map is ok. I'll keep an eye on the weather forecast and book it in if there's a nice day next week.

Sounds good. Fingers crossed for some halfway decent weather next week.

Much to Mrs Monkey's annoyance, I fitted mine using her hairdyer to heat the stompgrips & petrol tank, on a workmate* in the kitchen

'well love, this is the sort of thing that will happen when you insist on buying a house without a f***ing garage'

*of the Black & Decker variety, not a mate from work

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Monkey! - I've sourced a race airbox so I'll need to fit that before I get it dyno'd. Like you, I don't have space to work on the bike indoors so it might take a while...

From the bike's previous owner - he was selling it separately. He said he got it from the USA for about £150 used. Ebay, I assume.

Also got a 1/6 turn throttle (on/off switch?), but I'll save that for the track :pb2:

Archived